Speech Therapy at Body in Balance Rehab in Linwood, NJ
At Body in Balance Rehab, we believe speech therapy is vital to support patients in daily life.
Speech Therapy can help you with:
- Cognitive-Communication—How our minds function for memory, attention, problem-solving, organization, and other thinking skills.
- Speech Sounds—How we say sounds and combine sounds into words, slurring, or indistinct speech. Other words for these problems are articulation or phonological disorders, apraxia of speech, or dysarthria.
- Language—How well we understand what we hear or read and how we use words to express what we think to others. Language can affect skills such as understanding, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Voice—How our voices sound. We may sound hoarse, lose our voices easily, talk too quietly or be unable to make vocal sounds. These issues are often caused by damage to the vocal folds or pathologies such as vocal cord paralysis, paresis, nodules or polyps.
- Swallowing—How well we suck, chew, and swallow food and liquid. Dysphagia is a swallowing disorder that can have consequences, such as poor nutrition, unhealthy weight loss, and aspiration.
- Social Communication—How we communicate functionally and appropriately within social situations using non-verbal means (gesture, signing or pointing) and/or verbal means (vocalizing or speaking).
- Fluency—How sounds, syllables, words, and phrases flow together when speaking quickly. Fluency disorders include cluttering (too-rapid speech with an odd rhythm) and stuttering (involuntary pauses and repetition of sounds).
What is a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)?
Speech-language pathologists work with patients of all ages to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, voice, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders. These disorders have a variety of causes, including developmental delays, genetic disorders, psychological issues, and neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, Cerebral Vascular Accident (Stroke), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), brain injury, concussion, among others.
Speech & Language Therapy at Body in Balance Rehab in Linwood, NJ
Specialties & Certifications
- Cognitive & Memory Training Program
- Ampcare Effective Swallowing Protocol (ESP™), Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT LOUD®)
- Manual therapy, a multifactorial method of impacting issues of voice and swallowing
- Kinesiology taping for posture, respiration, and oral motor skills
- Respiratory Muscle Strength Training (RMST)
- Expiratory Muscle Strength Training (EMST)
- National Aphasia Association Affiliate
- Semantic Feature Analysis for Aphasia (SFA)
- Verb Network Strengthening Treatment for Aphasia (VNeST)
- Response Elaboration Training for Aphasia (RET)
- Phonological Components Analysis (PCA) Treatment for Aphasia
- Attentive Reading and Constrained Summarization (ARCS)
- Communication Partner Training (CPT)
- Melodic Intonation Therapy (MIT) for Aphasia & Apraxia
- Multiple Oral Re-Reading (MOR) for Alexia
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Post-COVID-19 Rehab Program
For more information about Speech Therapy, contact Body in Balance Rehab in Linwood, NJ, today!